Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sorry

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've just been super busy.  I've been staying at school till 7-8 at night getting ready for a school fair.  Since my last post I went sailing with my host father, went to another baseball game with him, bought a guitar, bought a cable for my camera, and got settled into school.  Sailing was fun for the first hour, then it just got long and tedious.  The thing we sailed on was so small I wouldn't even call it a boat.  It was about the size of a table for 6 people.  During the second baseball game, I took more pictures, but we also lost.  I bought a white Les Paul knockoff guitar.  The brand is Photo Genic and I will have a picture of it up when I figure out how to get photos on here.  I bought a cable for my camera so I could put pictures on here, but I still don't know how to get them on the blog.  School is pretty nice now.  It starts at 8:50 and ends at 3:30, so its less school than I thought it would be.  We also only go to school for 5 days a week, which is surprising for Japanese school.  I'm taking about 12 classes, but I don't think they have the same credit system as us.  I think they just automatically pass and they have to get really good on their college entrance exams, so they study hard.  People here sleep in class a lot more.  I think there have been at least 2 people sleeping in every class that I've had.  I've even slept during some classes.  That's about it for interesting stuff I've done since last time, so I'll try to update this more often.

4 comments:

suzibeebo said...

Cool, it all sounds so exciting. What kind of school fair?

Aunt Kath said...

Hey-when you hike Fuji be sure to take Yen to buy a hiking stick. You get it "branded" at each step along the way and believe me-you will need it to come back down the mountain with the very slippery volcanic gravel. Also you will likely stop at a small lodge at I think the 7th step-eat curry rice and try to get some rest in the very interesting sleeping quarters. The altitude does take some getting used to. But it is a thrilling opportunity-you will love it.
Are you eating udon at the "stand up noodle shops in the subways and train stations? Where did you go sailing? Glad it is going well--hope to see you there in April! Love U

Linda India said...

Dylan,
Thanks for updating you blog. Makes you seem not so far away.

Hey you should sleep at night and stay awake in class. That's how I want my students in Basic Math to do it. Just kidding. I'm sure you can get alot from just being in the room.

Sure do miss you.

Love,
Linda

Linda India said...

When do you have time to study? Sounds like a great place to be and a great family to be associated with. Do you get to practice your Japanese or does your host family use English?

I miss you... and I heart you.